Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gone are the days....


Gone are the days when parents whip their kids to learn the alphabets or numbers correctly or tell them by heart.Not only does it cause mental strain to the kids but also makes learning an averting experience for them. Today life has changed a lot.Long before kids had the experience of running around their ancestral house and do naughty things...and be on their own ie imaginative and creative spree.Today kids gets to see only four walls of their room..go to school,come back from school,have their food,have a nap,do their homework and go for tuitions!!!Oh my God how can I forget that....That ends the day.What a plight!Tuitions today is a fashion..or I should say a unnecessary necessity.Students go for tuition just because their peers go for tuition or mainly because their parents force them to do so.What if they loose a rank?Which means popularity,photo sessions,press meets....Parents taking their kids for tuition..what a waste of money,time,petrol and self confidence??!!!I did my 12th std without a routine tuition..well I did attend a vacation class for chemistry just because I found the topics tough.But I thought ill take a chance...let me see what happens!!To my surprise and by Gods grace due to my systematic study and careful attention in class I got an easy 82 percentage..well many people who went for extensive tuition cudnt get that.
About kids today...I feel learning should be made an enjoyable experience for them...for example http://www.learnwareindia.com
you can view the various sessions there that kids would love to enjoy...well when they enjoy they will learn it...U dont need to force them to study..we should promote elearning for kids in this generation.Its more quick,eye catching and develops their IQ better.Well when I got fully computer literate by the age of 18,my son who is 3 yrs old is computer literate already! Well he started singing the Nursery Rhyme "Baa Baa black sheep" even before he was 1 yr old...just because he would hear our development team working on the software daily. The internet is booming today whether it be education,online stores,communities,search engines....Since the internet is filled with junks of information ,you should rely on trusted sources!
Priya Thomas
View Priya Thomas's profile on LinkedIn

No comments: